Today I wrote the final line of Project AR. I haven’t finished the story – far from it, as you’ll see from the chart. But I’ve reached the end of my first draft, and I had an Epilogue to write, and when I wrote that last line, I had to stop.
Flippin’ dust in my eye, or something. Had to clear my throat a few times, too.
Anyhow, I have made progress:
1. Project AR: In addition to the emotional ending hinted at above, I seem to have found another 10K words or so in my files, so the word-count now totals an accidental 50K. That’s good enough for a first draft. I reckon another twenty thousand or so and I’ll have a story that’s fit for reading.
Maybe not by the general public – not yet – but my first readers will be the judge of that. I don’t thank them often enough, so here: THANK YOU, dear First Readers, for your reflections and suggestions and encouragement. You don’t know how much it helps. Or perhaps you do… in the hope that one day I might write something that leaves you breathless.
I’m working at it.
2. Kobo publishing: No progress, but with the first draft done I may start tinkering around the edges somewhat. I’ve begun work on better covers for some of the stories. I need to start work on making sure the inner formatting is good too.
3. Large Print: No progress. See goal #1 for my excuse.
4. Regular blog posts: Day 35 is one a week. I’ve been writing posts for later, when Project AR is unveiled under its proper name and with a real cover, not a white label, published, for sale. But that’s a long way off yet. Stay tooned.